Search This Blog

Thursday, February 10, 2011

What I learned this week 2/7 - 2/10

  • The History of the Internet. I was suprised at the intial size of the internet, with it only having 4 computers to start with. The rate of new computers every year was shocking, bascily doubling every time. I never knew that TCP-IP came later in the internet, and that it really was used for idenifing computers. This portion of the class was suprisingly interesting to me.

  • The process of creating a Website. Before this lesson, I thought creating a good website was only a few clicks away, and that you didn't have to know much to create one. Boy was I wrong. I discovered it takes a lot of knowledge and understanding to make one. What you do is type in a bunch of codes to tell the computer to make a picture or something, and it does it. Seems like a really hard thing to do, and I have a newfound repect for people who create one.

  • Client Side and Server Side. Now THIS is what's useful. Before I thought that every problem on the Internet had to do with the computer, and that there was a virus in it or something. But now I realize that some problems relating to the internet are related to the server. Let's say I'm visiting a website amd click on a link. If the website crashes or something, I can't blame my computer for that, I rather should blame the server my computer is communicating with.

No comments:

Post a Comment